Google SMTP error
While trying to connect Google workspace email or the free Gmail account. You might run into a few errors. Here are possible solutions to make a fix:
- 2.Ensure entries are correctly typed without whitespaces.
- 3.Did you get a security alert from Google? If yes, you will need to enable 2FA and get an app password.
Try to connect again. If this fails, then you will need to 2FA and get a unique password to connect to Murlist. This is also Google's recommended way of connecting to 3P apps not using its API.
- 2.Select Security.
- 3.Under "Signing in to Google," select App Passwords. You may need to sign in. If you don’t have this option, it might be because:
- 1.2-Step Verification is not set up for your account.
- 2.2-Step Verification is only set up for security keys.
- 3.Your account is through work, school, or other organizations.
- 4.You turned on Advanced Protection.
- 4.At the bottom, choose Select app and choose the app you usingSelect device and choose the device you’re usingGenerate.
- 5.Follow the instructions to enter the App Password. The App Password is the 16-character code in the yellow bar on your device.
Once you get the app password, use it as the password for your connections.